PACE UP WITH PM GATI SHAKTI
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched PM Gati Shakti – National Master Plan for Multimodal Connectivity in October 2021.
This is a digital platform that aims to bring 16 Ministries including Railways and Roadways together for integrated planning and
coordinated implementation of infrastructure connectivity projects.
It is discovered that coordinated and consistent availability for the development of individuals, merchandise, and
administrations starting with one mode of transport then onto the next will be presented by this multi-modular network.
Likewise, last-mile availability of framework will be worked with to diminish travel time for people.
The significance of infrastructure in economic aspects, multiplier impacts gather to the economy through infrastructure
spending. This implies that besides the fact that the undertaking contributes quickly through expanded labour, development &
construction materials, but also through the second-order effects improved connectivity brings. Merchandise and individuals
will move quicker between destinations.
- US-China trade war, Russia – Ukraine war and Pandemic created a lot of global supply chain disruptions, creating an
opportunity for India to solve Global supply chain issues in terms of materials, chemicals, semi-conductor by setting up large
manufacturing plants for global needs.
- Exports improved 35% over last year to the tune of 600 BN in the last 10 months
- An expected 80 % manufacturing process shall be automated in the next 5-7 years. Industries like Auto, pharma, food,
electronics, consumer durables, chemicals, and wear housing will drive automation.
- Startups offer digital technologies to ease out human life concerning technology while Midsized companies (es like
Waycool, Elgi, Amstrong, Electromec, Organe sorting etc) shall be examples of growing manufacturing firms with global
- National Monetization Plan aims to contribute USD 90 Bn to govt treasury.
- PM Gati Shakti: National master plan for Multimodal connectivity ( rail, road, Marine and aviation)
and infrastructure. This will integrate 16 ministries to monitor and ease the implementation of projects.
- Infrastructure investment translated to more than 90 Bn over 3-5 years( road, highways, multi-model logistics, wear housing).
- Renewables contribute 50 % prerequisites of electricity by 2030 of the absolute necessity of 850 GW. Solar energy will
transcend from the current 50 GW to 280 GW by 2030.
- Solar manufacturing contribution starts at 20 GW for modules, 20 GW for cells, and 10 GW for wafers will draw in the
investment of 5 Bn in the next 5 years by 15 firms. Current renewables contribute 50 GW solar, 40 Gw wind and 50 GW for
- About 25 companies plan to invest in battery cells, LI-ion batteries and battery packs. Applications for EV and power
storage ( mainly solar power generated) has also improved in recent times.
- Data centre investment increase of about 10 Bn is anticipated in the next 5 years.
- An improvement in automobile production, Agri implementation, penetration, self-reliance on defence production,
and increased involvement in space programmes shall witness an upsurge in technology and investment.
PM Gati Shakti is based on 6 pillars
- Comprehensiveness: All the current and planned drives of different Ministries and Departments will be incorporated into one
centralized portal. Divisions can have a permeability of one another’s exercises by giving basic information while arranging and
executing projects in an extensive way.
- Prioritization: Different Departments will have the opportunity to focus on their individual undertakings by means of cross-sectoral connections.
- Optimization: Under this plan, different ministries will be assisted in planning for projects after the identification of critical
gaps. In view of the transportation of the goods from one place to another, the plan will assist in picking the most optimum
route based on time and cost.
- Synchronization: Individual Ministries and Departments regularly work in storehouses and in this way an absence of
coordination is seen as far as arranging and executing the undertaking that frequently brings about delays. While with this
arrangement close by, the coordination of work between them is guaranteed by synchronizing the exercises of every division,
as well as of various layers of administration in a comprehensive way.
- Analytical: With GIS-based spatial planning and analytical tools having 200+ layers, the plan will provide the entire data in one
place, enabling better visibility to the executing agency.
- Dynamic: Through the GIS stage, all Ministries and Departments will actually want to visualize, audit and screen the
advancement of cross-sectoral projects. It is discovered that the satellite imagery will provide updates concerning on-ground
progress periodically and the progress of the projects on a regular basis on the portal.
- The PM Gati Shakti will ensure true public-private partnership in infrastructure creation from infrastructure planning to the
development and utilisation stage.
- The program denotes a change in outlook in decision making to break the storehouses of departmentalism where every one of the
current and proposed financial zones have been planned alongside the multimodal network foundation in a preliminary stage.
- GatiShakti will carry cooperative energy to make an elite, consistent multi-modular transport network in India. The National Master
The plan will utilize present day innovation and the most recent IT apparatuses for facilitated arranging of infrastructure.
- Digitisation will assume a major part in guaranteeing convenient clearances and hailing likely issues, project progress checking.
- The plan incorporates a GIS-based Enterprise Resource Planning framework with 200+ layers for proof-based direction and
utilization of satellite symbolism for checking the progress.
- The National Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (NICDC), formerly DMIDC will work in close coordination with the state
governments to develop these industrial corridors.
- State governments must take the lead in identifying parcels of land for industrialisation in consonance with the national plan to reap
the maximum benefits of jobs and growth. Public investments in infrastructure will reduce the expenses of logistics, through making
a consistent multi-modular foundation organization.
- GatiShakti plan means to accomplish – coordinated decision making to make a top-notch, consistent multi-modular transport
organization, on the rear of which India will be changed.
- With an emphasis on modern infrastructure, India needs to develop new infrastructure with a holistic and integrated approach, this Rs
100 lakh-crore plan will bring employment opportunities for the youth. The push for infrastructure is in line with the government’s
efforts to step up capital expenditure on infrastructure to promote economic growth.